Thursday, November 20, 2014

Winterguard season is rapidly approaching and I am once again excited for its return.  I have a new reason for that....my granddaughter Kayla is marching and my Daughter Kira is the Saber instructor for the Corning Winterguard.  It is very exciting for me to see them in the guard!  I have been out of the guard activity for a few years now and miss it a lot.  This will give me the opportunity to see another generation do the things that we all love so well.  Kayla is an 8th grader and has never spun before but is a very proficient trumpet player.  Kira has marched drumcorps and winterguard with....Royal Blue, Spectrum, the Brigadiers and The Bluecoats.  My very good friend Les Hampton will be doing the drill.  Les was a vital part of the success of the Royal Blue program in Campbell/Savona.

Corning is going to be the host of the WGI Northeast Regional on February 7th at the brand new Corning High School Gym.  The booster group there is gearing up for this huge undertaking.  It is very exciting to have a WGI Regional in the Southerntier of NY.  They are usually held in Rochester area or Syracuse.  Groups and spectators will be impressed with the size and layout of the new facility.  It is wonderful.

I am a proud Father and Grandfather.


No comments:

Post a Comment